Individual weapons replacement
Replaces the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Steyr rifle with a new individual weapon.
Tender process approved to begin.
Project Implementation Business Case is approved.
7 December 2015
Project is approved.
- Lewis Machine & Tools Company Incorporated - delivery of Modular Assault Rifle System – Light (MARS-L), signed December 2015.
- Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (ACOG) (Trijicon Incorporated USA), signed 18 December 2015.
- Combat Torches (Quality Imports Limited New Zealand), signed 21 December 2015.
- Combat torches have been delivered.
- Deliveries of tranches one to four of the Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (ACOG) have been received and accepted. Delivery of remaining tranches will be completed by November 2016.
- Factory acceptance testing of the first tranche of the individual weapon is complete with delivery expected in October 2016.
- A contract has been issued for the manufacture of the replacement weapons racks.
Find out more about the Steyr rifle on the New Zealand Army website (external link) .
Contact: Richard Burn, Programme Director Land