Ministerial Overseas Travel 27-11-2017 to 21-01-2019: Hon Ron Mark – Release of Cabinet Documents
This publication provides copies of seven reports to Cabinet by Hon Ron Mark on his overseas travel in the period 27 November 2017 to 1 February 2019.
CAB-18-MIN-0095; CAB-18-MIN-0092; CAB-18-MIN-0096; CAB-18-MIN-0196; CAB-18-MIN-0355; CAB-18-MIN-0639; CAB-19-MIN-0083
The publication includes the following documents:
- Travel Report: Hon Ron Mark; Antarctica 27 November – 1 December 2017 [CAB-18-SUB-0095] and the associated Cabinet minute of 19 March 2018 [CAB-18-MIN-0095]
- Travel Report: Hon Ron Mark; Middle East and Europe 6 – 18 February 2018 [CAB-18-SUB-0092] and the associated Cabinet minute of 19 March 2018 [CAB-18-MIN-0092]
- Travel Report: Hon Ron Mark; Papua New Guinea 6 – 9 March 2018 [CAB-18-SUB-0096] and the associated Cabinet minute of 19 March 2018 [CAB-18-MIN-0096]
- Travel Report: Hon Ron Mark Fiji 22-24 March 2018 [CAB-18-SUB-0196] and the associated Cabinet minute of 7 May 2018 [CAB-18-MIN-0196]
- Travel Report: Hon Ron Mark; Shangri-La Dialogue, Singapore, 1 – 3 June [CAB-18-SUB-0355] and the associated Cabinet minute of 30 July 2018 [CAB-18-MIN-0355]
- Travel Report: Hon Ron Mark; Singapore and Sydney 18-22 October [CAB-18-SUB-0639] and the associated Cabinet minute of 17 December 2018 [CAB-18-MIN-0639]
- Travel Report: Hon Ron Mark; Middle East and Africa 21 Jan – 1 Feb 2019 [CAB-19-SUB-0083] and the associated Cabinet minute of 25 March 2019 [CAB-19-MIN-0083].
Press releases from the Minister of Defence regarding travel are available from the Beehive website: https://www.beehive.govt.nz/portfolio/labour-led-government-2017-2020/defence(external link) (external website).
Associated Cabinet papers proposing overseas travel across this period have been previously published here: 2018 Proposed Overseas Travel: Hon Ron Mark – Cabinet Documents.
Certain information is withheld, where the making available of the information would be likely to prejudice:
- the security or defence of New Zealand or the international relations of the Government of New Zealand [section 6(a)]
- the entrusting of information to the Government of New Zealand on the basis of confidence by the Government of any other country [section 6(b)(i)] or any international organisation [section 6(b)(ii)].
In addition, certain information has been withheld in order to:
- protect the privacy of natural persons [section 9(2)(a)]
- maintain the constitutional conventions for the timing being which protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials [section 9(2)(f)(iv)]
- maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinions by or between or to Ministers of the Crown or members of an organisation or officers and employees of any department or organisation in the course of their duty [section 9(2)(g)(i)].
Where information is withheld pursuant to section 9(2), it is not considered that the public interest in this information outweighs the need to protect it.
© Crown Copyright
This copyright work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand licence. In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt the work, as long as you attribute the work to the Ministry of Defence and abide by the other licence terms.
To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/nz/. Please note that no Ministry of Defence or New Zealand Government emblem, logo or Coat of Arms may be used in any way which infringes any provision of the Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981 or would infringe such provision if the relevant use occurred within New Zealand. Attribution to the Ministry of Defence should be in written form and not by reproduction of any such emblem, logo or Coat of Arms.