We provide advice to the Government on Defence policy matters. Tony Lynch is Deputy Secretary of Defence (Policy and Planning Division). The Division has four branches:
Our equipment projects begin with a requirement developed together with the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF). After that, we are responsible for the total life cycle of the procurement process. This includes:
- getting all Government approvals
- developing the Source Selection Plan
- preparing documentation for and carrying out the tendering and evaluation process
- contract negotiation and management
- project management through to the end of warranty phase.
The Capability Delivery Division maintains AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 certification.
Mike Yardley is Deputy Secretary Capability Delivery.