APEC 2018 in PNG: NZ Security Assistance to Leaders’ Week – Documents
This publication provides documents on Cabinet’s September 2018 decision in principle to provide an NZDF package of support for the 2018 APEC Leaders’ Week, as well as the subsequent submission to delegated Ministers on the final form of this package.
The publication comprises:
- the October 2018 submission from Defence and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade to the Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of Defence Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation 2018 in Papua New Guinea: New Zealand Security Assistance to Leaders’ Week
- the September 2018 Cabinet minute: Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation 2018 in Papua New Guinea: New Zealand Security Assistance to Leaders’ Week [ERS-18-MIN-0019]
- the associated Cabinet paper: Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation 2018 in Papua New Guinea: New Zealand Security Assistance to Leaders’ Week [ERS-18-SUB-0019].
Certain information is withheld under the Official Information Act 1982, where the making available of the information would be likely to prejudice:
- the security or defence of New Zealand or the international relations of the Government of New Zealand [section 6(a)]
- the entrusting of information to the Government of New Zealand on the basis of confidence by the Government of any other country [section 6(b)(i)].
In addition, certain information has been withheld in order to maintain legal professional privilege [section 9(2)(h)]. Where information is withheld pursuant to section 9(2), it is not considered that the public interest in this information outweighs the need to protect it.
Information about making an Official Information Act request to the Ministry of Defence is available from this page.
© Crown Copyright
This copyright work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand licence. In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt the work, as long as you attribute the work to the Ministry of Defence and abide by the other licence terms.
To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/nz/. Please note that no Ministry of Defence or New Zealand Government emblem, logo or Coat of Arms may be used in any way which infringes any provision of the Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981 or would infringe such provision if the relevant use occurred within New Zealand. Attribution to the Ministry of Defence should be in written form and not by reproduction of any such emblem, logo or Coat of Arms.