Deployment of Operational Personnel to Iraq in 2018
Briefings on 2018 Operational Decisions Relating to Iraq
This publication sets out five 2018 submissions to the Minister of Defence regarding the operational deployment of personnel to Iraq:
- Deployment of Additional Personnel to Taji Military Complex, Iraq [NZDF tracking 2018-113, dated 8 April 2018]
- Intended Deployment of Additional Personnel to Taji Military Complex, Iraq [NZDF tracking 179/18, dated 4 May 2018]
- Urgent request for the deployment of one New Zealand Defence Force Nursing Officer to Taji, Iraq [NZDF tracking 2018-181, MOD ref 051/18, dated 8 May 2018]
- Expansion of Task Group Taji Quick Reaction Force Responsibilities [NZDF tracking 2018-254, dated 27 June 2018]
- Short Notice Provision of Support at Taji Military Complex [NZDF tracking 2018-260, dated: 27 June 2018].
Certain information has been withheld, in accordance with the following provisions of the Official Information Act 1982, where the making available of the information would be likely to:
- prejudice the security or defence of New Zealand or the international relations of the Government of New Zealand [section 6(a)]
- prejudice the entrusting of information to the Government of New Zealand on the basis of confidence by the Government of any other country [section 6(b)(i)].
In addition, certain information has been withheld in order to maintain the constitutional conventions for the timing being which protect the confidentiality
of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials [section 9(2)(f)(iv)].
© Crown Copyright
This copyright work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand licence. In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt the work, as long as you attribute the work to the Ministry of Defence and abide by the other licence terms.
To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/nz/. Please note that no Ministry of Defence or New Zealand Government emblem, logo or Coat of Arms may be used in any way which infringes any provision of the Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981 or would infringe such provision if the relevant use occurred within New Zealand. Attribution to the Ministry of Defence should be in written form and not by reproduction of any such emblem, logo or Coat of Arms.