Defence Force Future Air Surveillance: Approval to Purchase the Boeing P-8A Poseidon Aircraft
Cabinet Paper and Minutes
- the Cabinet minute of decision: Defence Force Future Air Surveillance: Approval to Purchase the Boeing P-8A Poseidon Aircraft [CAB-18-MIN-0305]
- the Cabinet Government Administration and Expenditure Review Committee minute of decision: Defence Force Future Air Surveillance: Approval to Purchase the Boeing P-8A Poseidon Aircraft [GOV-18-MIN-0042]
- the Cabinet paper: Defence Force Future Air Surveillance: Approval to Purchase the Boeing P-8A Poseidon Aircraft [GOV-18-SUB-0042].
- the security or defence of New Zealand or the international relations of the Government of New Zealand [section 6(a)]
- the entrusting of information to the Government of New Zealand on the basis of confidence by the Government of any other country [section 6(b)(i)].
- protect information where the making available of the information would be likely unreasonably to prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied the information [section 9(2)(b)(ii)]
- maintain the constitutional conventions for the timing being which protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials [section 9(2)(f)(iv)]
- maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinions by or between or to Ministers of the Crown or members of an organisation or officers and employees of any department or organisation in the course of their duty [section 9(2)(g)(i)]
- enable a Minister of the Crown or any department or organisation holding the information to carry out, without prejudice or disadvantage, commercial activities [section 9(2)(i)].
© Crown Copyright
This copyright work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand licence. In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt the work, as long as you attribute the work to the Ministry of Defence and abide by the other licence terms.
To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/nz/. Please note that no Ministry of Defence or New Zealand Government emblem, logo or Coat of Arms may be used in any way which infringes any provision of the Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981 or would infringe such provision if the relevant use occurred within New Zealand. Attribution to the Ministry of Defence should be in written form and not by reproduction of any such emblem, logo or Coat of Arms.