In general, we purchase major military equipment/capability that has a project whole-of-life value over NZ$15 million.
Our equipment projects begin with a requirement developed together with the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF). After that, we are responsible for the total life cycle of the procurement process. This includes:
- getting all Government approvals
- developing the Source Selection Plan
- preparing documentation for and carrying out the tendering and evaluation process
- contract negotiation and management
- project management through to the end of warranty phase.
The Capability Delivery Division maintains AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 certification.
Mike Yardley is Deputy Secretary Capability Delivery.